Caught off-guard

We've been ttc (trying to conceive) for over 7 years now and just when I think I have a handle on my emotions in the infertility department - I'm caught off-guard. This past friday my husband and I went to a b&b nearby and it was lovely. There's a couple in our ward who came over to watch the kids (we have one bio daughter, 7 yrs, twins, 4 yrs, adopted from Ukraine Nov 2008) for us overnight. This couple has been ttc for 8+ years and just recently became pregnant. While I can completely understand her elation at becoming pregnant, it was hard for me to hear about it - and it was all I heard from her. I wasn't in the mood for feeling sympathetic (which made me feel guilty) because she is feeling very nauseated and watching MY kids so I have some time away with my hubby. Infertility stinks.

Comments

Melisa said…
You shouldn't feel guilty about how you feel. You are allowed to have those feelings. I'm sorry it is so hard.
Katie said…
I agree with Melisa, you shouldn't feel guilty. It's hard to watch friends get pregnant when you really want to be pregnant too, even if they've struggled with infertility.

On the flip side, she's entitled to her happiness, too....but it would be more sensitive and kind of her to avoid making her pregnancy the sole topic of conversation when she's with you.

Hugs for you. Hang in there.
Queen Mother said…
oh, Jill. ((((hugs)))) I love you sweetie
Queen Mother said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Mother said…
I decided to delete my other comment..it was too mean spirited about someone that I know (NOT on here!) I am repenting. LOL

Popular posts from this blog