My super frustrating day, and another testimony to Acupuncture

Firstly, let me just say, this is my second experience with acupuncture. I tried it a few cycles ago (experience with that can be found in an earlier post). I have now had acupuncture twice this cycle, and my cycle is so normal it's almost scary. I NEVER ovulate on day 14... NEVER. I've actually never ovulated before day 20. Well. I did this time. Unless my high temp today was a fluke, which I am praying for. But all the signs are right. The most frustrating thing about me ovulating is that Michael is on Long Island at a conference. We had it all planned that we would give it a go once before he left yesterday, but due to a horrible set of circumstances which left us getting to the airport at 5:25pm for a 5:55 flight, it just never happened. We spent money on acupuncture, and it actually worked, and we missed our chance! When I took my temp this morning, I cried. UGGH! I haven't had such a perfect set up in all my time charting, and we missed it.

Oddly enough, one part of the horrible circumstances that left us with no time involved a dr. appointment for me. I talked to him about drugs. He explained all the risks associated... high incidence of multiples, higher risk of ovarian cancer, etc., but said it is a good next step for me since we can't figure out what is going on. I walked out with a prescription for Clomid. We were going to try acupuncture this month, and if doesn't work, try Clomid next month. Well, our acupuncture month opportunity has passed. Clomid, here I come.

Comments

Dirk and Trish said…
That does sound frustrating! Are you sure the airport would have noticed if you just took a few minutes at the gate? SOOO just kidding, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Good luck with clomid! Hope it works for you. And yay for a normal cycle, even if it didn't give the desired result this time.
Katie said…
Well, here's to hoping that if a normal cycle happened this month, that it can happen again, right? Did the acupuncture person say that the effect would only last through this cycle, or anything to that effect?
Stephanie said…
Man, you respond beautifully to accupuncture. You make me want to start up again. I quit for financial reasons. Sorry about the timing. That is so frustrating. I hate how intimate time has to be so scheduled when you are ttc. Yet another stressful aspect of this joyful journey!
Tiffany said…
How frusterating! I was on Clomid before. I didn't get pregnant while on it, but I got pregnant the first month I was off it. I guess my body just needed the boost or something. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Popular posts from this blog