Kristina needs to vent

I was diagnosed with antithyroid antibodies, otherwise known as Hashimoto's disease. I display no symptoms whatsoever except for the infertility. I'm shocked and I'm saddened. This is an autoimmune disease, something that I'll have for my entire life. Just great. Just great.

I took the Femara this cycle and was thrilled that I had a follicle ready to trigger on Friday. So, we triggered. I had my IUI on Saturday. Then I went in this morning for an ultrasound to see if my follicle had released. It hadn't. It's still there. So my IUI was a big fat waste of time, energy, and $$. I'm irritated beyond belief. And sad that I won't get my chance this month. =(

I just needed to vent.

Comments

Katie said…
I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Autoimmune disease is tough to deal with on a daily basis. You may want to see a counselor because it can mess with your head a bit, especially with fertility challenges thrown in. However, thyroid meds will probably leave you feeling significantly better, and now that you've been diagnosed, your doctors can help keep a close eye on your TSH level.

I actually had to take Synthroid for 2 years while in college, and then my thyroid apparently healed itself. My endocrinologist was completely baffled (the rule usually is that once you're on Synthroid, you take it for life), but it's been 10 years and my thyroid function has been normal.

Your family will be in my prayers. Hopefully next cycle will be a better one for you.
Melisa said…
Owie, sweetie. That sounds like a double whammie. I'm so sorry.
Stephanie said…
Wow, it sounds like you are more than entitled to vent. So sorry to hear about all of that. I never realized how much thyroid can affect fertility, but it is starting to look like a common link for all of us...

Popular posts from this blog