The acupuncture results are in.... (and a preseed review)

I thought I'd give a little update on my first cycle post acupuncture. Unfortunately, I started my period today. It seemed a little more devastating than normal, just because I had gone through acupuncture, taken herbs, and was starting to exhibit symptoms the last part of the cycle. HOWEVER, this was the most normal cycle I have had in MONTHS! I haven't had such a hormonally driven ovulation in a long time... talking moody, breaking out, all the fun things that used to accompany my ovulation. Plus it was a clear ovulation! Like I said in my first post about acupuncture, I noticed an immediate change in my temperatures-- they weren't so sporatic. Same thing after ovulation. I had a very clear temp shift, and my temps stayed above my coverline for the first time ever. But the best thing... I actually had a normal luteal phase!! I've only had one normal luteal phase in the 8 months I've been charting. I am a total beliver in acupuncture! Of course, I would rather be pregnant! But, I'm trying to look at this as a clean start.

It was really hard since, like I said, I was starting to have some symptoms that could either be pregnancy or signs of upcoming period. Plus, I had figured out that my due date would be December 25th. I always said I'd avoid having a child in December, but I thought how awesome would that be to have a baby on Christmas after this struggle. Here's to this month.

Also, Hope wanted me to review Preseed. She sent me a sample a while back, and we love it! I just ordered another bottle of it. Obviously it didn't help us get pregnant, but we weren't thinking it would (I mean we didn't think that using it would enhance our fertility). It is a lubricant specifically formulated to be friendly to sperm. Most lubricants are not sperm-friendly and therefore can prevent conception. It was really helpful since around ovulation time it is recommended to have sex everyday (if your husband has a good sperm count)... that can be very drying and uncomfortable! It was nice to know that I could use something that would help me be more comfortable, and not inhibit sperm mobility. The down side is that it is expensive. I can't remember how much, but I think it was like $14 for a tube with 6 applicators. You can buy it in pre-filled applicators as well.

Comments

Rj and Emily said…
Yay for most regular cycles!! How i miss those and im sure many others do too.

I will admit that i was slightly skeptical when reading about the acupunture at first but now im pretty close to convinced.
Hope said…
I am so glad you liked pre-seed. I have recommended it to others but it was based on the testimonials of the website. Now I can at least say a friend tried it and liked it. :D
Hope said…
Oh and for the acupuncture, I was a skeptic too! Thanks for paving the way for us Steph and Jen!
Stephanie said…
Glad it's going well. I'm currently trying to decide how much longer to do accupuncture. I did get pregnant on it (and miscarried) but it's getting expensive. sigh. Here's to this month for all of us!

Popular posts from this blog