Frustrating cycle

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I haven't really wanted to think about what's going on (or not going on). It's amazing how some days I feel SOO hopeful that I could skip around and whistle all day :) And other days, I feel so saddened and hopeless that I feel like throwing up.

I have had the worst cycle! Firstly, it doesn't help that I had a miscarriage last cycle (which according to past history throws my cycle off (however this time I wasn't very far along at all... I was only late by about a week). When I had my first miscarriage I didn't have a period for 17 weeks. But the next cycle I was pregnant with MM). Secondly we have been under a LOT of stress in this household as of late. We have been really sick... all of us.. multiple times. Right when I was about to ovulate my daughter got a stomach bug and I was up a few nights with her. Then 4 days later I got the bug, along with a fever of 102 for two days... not good for little eggs trying to pop out. 2 weeks after that, my body tried to ovulate yet again, and my daughter got really really sick and I spent many nights awake and many hours 'stressed' about what was going on. I also had my HSG on day 8 of this current cycle... which my body didn't like as you can read in my post about that experience.

In short, I am currently on day 56 of my cycle. I haven't had a cycle this long since my first miscarriage. It looks like I finally ovulated, and have since had a beautiful triphasic temperature pattern (temperatures consistently into the 98's... which I rarely have). A normal luetal phase is 14-15 days, and I passed that, but I have also taken THREE pregnancy tests (well, one was a dud and didn't work).. all without even the faintest positive line.

On Feb. 15 we hit our 3 year mark between MM and next baby. If we would have conceived then, MM and baby 2 would have been 3 years apart. I know we've discussed on here a lot about the disappointment that comes when your "dream spacing" isn't achievable. I don't know why, but I was SO hopeful about this cycle. I had my HSG, I'd been taking care of myself, school was realtively stress free, we got Michael's semen analysis back and so we could adjust our timing accordingly. But even more than that, I just had that feeling... you know? Whatever it was, I just felt like "THis is it!" Now I realize I was just too hopeful.

In other news, we submitted part one (of a gazillion) of our adoption papers...

Comments

Katie said…
Oh, Jenny, I'm sorry this is so frustrating! I'm glad that the labs that have been coming back are looking good, but yikes! 56 days IS a long cycle. Pre-Richard, my luteal phase was more like 18-20days long.

Wow for submitting adoption papers!
Stephanie said…
Maybe there's still a chance and it's just not showing up on the pg test yet. I hate it when cycles stretch out like that. It's so frusterating to have that false hope. I always just think, "If I'm not pregnant, why can't I just get my period and get on with the next cycle!"
Melisa said…
Sorry! That sounds tough. It is always hard when you get "that" feeling and nothing happens.
Queen Mother said…
Do you have a chart that we can see?

A luteal phase should never be longer than 18 days unless you are pregnant or have a progesterone releasing cyst.

Popular posts from this blog