Amber's Intro

Hi my name is Amber. Annie introduced me to this blog, she has been a close friend for several years and is now having a baby in January, YA! I have a wonderful husband Josh and a beautiful 4 year old girl Kaydence. We are on our 15 month of trying for a baby and it has been a rough road. The first time around was too easy, we actually found out we were pregnant about 6 weeks before our wedding. I think it was the lords way of giving us that extra push into marriage. She had been our greatest blessing and we are so thankful for her in our life!

Last July I finally finished my degree and we thought it would be a perfect time to start trying. I had my IUD removed and the fun began. It took me awhile to get my period, so we had some false hope. After trying for 7 months my period stopped. I called my doctor and found out that I had a cyst, instead of a baby :( So I decided to work on trying to lose some weight, because I quickly gained 40 lbs after having my IUD removed, not fun! I was able to lose 16 lbs with the doctors help and my cyst was gone when I went in to see him in March. During this time my sister had gotten pregnant within 2 months, two of my sister in law were pregnant within a several months, and two of my co workers were expecting as well. I was the only one not having any lucky. We finally hit the one year mark I called my doctor and made an appointment. He tracked my ovulation and told when I needed to have sex. Two months later with no luck. After going in this month several time I had no change in my follicles. My last ultrasound it was pretty clear that I had PCOS or Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. This is what caused my weight gain, acne, and not getting pregnant. Plus I have to worry about the insulin resistance it causes.

I am now on Metformin to try and help me lose weight and to help with the PCOS. I have also gone to an all natural clinic, after my hair stylist told me my hair was thinning. I found out my uterus is way stressed and have been taking some drops and trying to stay positive on our long road. I read many of the post on here and my heart aches for many of you, I know I have not experienced as much as many of you, but I understand the pain of waiting and wondering. My doctor wants me to take the metformin for 2 months then come back in. If I can lose some weight and get my follicles functioning normally then I can try some clomid to "shock" my ovaries and hopefully get pregnant :) As for now I am going to try and be positive, try to not worry and stress over it, try to not count and calander everything and just enjoy my husband and my family. I would greatly appreciate any comments if any of you have experience with PCOS or any type of suggestions, thanks!

Comments

Rj and Emily said…
Welcome to the group.
Dirk and Trish said…
Welcome! My sis has PCOS also and is taking metformin. Hope it can help straighten things out for you. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog