Weight loss, 45 pounds and counting!

This isn't directly related to fertility, so feel free to skip it!!!! Annie had asked me how I lost 45 pounds last year, but a few others seemed interested in weight loss as well. I had a forever long comment typed up, but just decided to make it a post. :)

I have a weight loss blog on my Blogger profile. My email is on there too. If you get me your email, I'll put you into my weight loss blog since it is private. All you ladies are totally welcome. It isn't that exciting these days, so I'll sum it up. :)

At 5 ft 8, I was 155 when I got married. Went up to 165 when I got pregnant with my first. By the time I had him, I was 205. Lost 20, and got pregnant with my second at 185. Gained 40, and had him at 225. Made it back to 195, but fluctuated a lot and was about 200 when I got pregnant with my 3rd. Back up to 225 when I had her. Lost it all and went back to 200. Had a massive depressive episode and went back to 225.

At this point, I joined a company called Medical Weight Loss Center in MI back in March. I had a really restricted diet, got on the medicine Meridia, and weighed in 3 times a week at the MWLC. It sucked, but I lost 40 in a matter of about 4 months. After that, I couldn't really maintain the strict diet. But I LOVE Meridia and I'm trying to get my new insurance to accept it since it is dang expensive, like $150 a month. Since July, I've been fluctuating between 40-50 pounds lost. I started working out, and my weight loss really slowed. But I feel better working out. And the slow is probably more due to my change in diet. Plus, my husband moved to Philadelphia in October, so weight loss has kind of taken a back seat to maintaining my sanity. Weight loss is an all consuming thing with me. It takes a lot of my time and energy, and I just don't have that to spare these days. That is why I put it on the something I'm going to do for me answer. I was going to cancel my Y membership and stop talking Meridia because it costs so much and we are soooo dang poor right now. Instead, I kept my membership and I'm signing up for a $25 yoga class to go along with my free cardio class. And I'm calling my doctor about getting a medically necessary form for Meridia.

So, there you have it! I've lost about 45 and have 25 to go. I'm going to do the slow and steady method this time around. While I am super grateful to have lost the first 40 quickly, it wasn't a lifestyle I could maintain. I've managed to stay relatively stable with my normal diet, and not gain it all back, but I'd still like to lose 25 more.

Sorry, for the super long off-topic post!

Comments

Mamapierce said…
What is Meridia? You also failed to mention WHY your hubby went to Philly - for work! I didn't want anyone to think you were separating or anything. ;o) Love you!
Melisa said…
Thanks, Jill! That probably did sound scandlous, huh. ;)

Meridia is an appetite supressant, but it doesn't have the crazy side effects like Alli, or Addipex.
Annie said…
Thanks for sharing Melisa!
Jen L said…
That's great Melisa! Thanks for sharing!!
Raina said…
Good for you Melisa! It is so hard to lose weight! I am always obsessing about losing weight, but it is always a rollercoaster.
Melisa said…
I didn't know you were on here, Raina! Good to see you! Did you want to stay on after it goes private?
Sarah C said…
Good Job! I am really proud of you. Good luck with the last 25 pounds. You are an inspiration to me.

Popular posts from this blog