My next approach

I thought I'd share a couple of things I'm going to try next. I wish I was posting this because I had been successful with one of them, but some of them state they take up to 3 mos. so I don't want to wait until then to tell you about it, in case one of you wants to try one of these things sooner, with me! These are some things I've been researching, and gathering info about, because they are less drastic than some of the medical approaches. Other things I like about them is that they are geared towards becoming healthier-so even if you don't get pregnant, you're not out anything, and you may have gained some other benefit, like eating better. Last but not least, though there is some expense involved, I think it will still be cheaper than some of the diagnostic testing and procedures. Here are some of the things I am thinking about trying...

A fertility diet: I learned about this from a co-worker. She used fertility for her first child, and it didn't work the second time around. Her doctor told her she would only get pregnant with in vitro, and in desperation, she started researching fertility diets. She adapted most of her diet from Eat to Boost fertility, by the Healing Gourmet. I'll list some of the basics, to see if you're interested. If you want to know more details about the diet, email me at sprosser@netzero.com. The great news, she was pregnant within 3 mos. of doing the diet.
The basics:
- No food with trans fats, and avoid saturated fats in high quantities
- No coffee, tea, alcohol (sound familiar?) artificially sweetened drinks, or pop. Drink mostly water, and maybe a little bit of juice
- No butter/ mayonaise/ vegetable oil
- No milk (except to cook with)
- Only 100% wheat/or whole grain bread
- no red meat
- lots of fruits/veggies
- no processed food

Obviously, this is just an extremely healthy way of eating. Aside from the no milk, which I don't really get, it seems pretty common sense though. As Americans, we eat like crap these days! I've been putting it off, realizing that it would be a big committment, and not cheap to eat this way. But I am considering it now. If this is something you think you'd be seriously interested in trying, email me and I can give you more details and ideas of things you can eat.

Next....

www.thefertilesoul.com I was referred to this website by the accupuncturist I am planning on going to for an initial consultation. She follows the methods on this site. She would like to see me for about 12 weeks, which I don't think I can afford. However, at the initial consultation, she can diagnose certain imbalances and make recommendations for dietary changes, and herbal remedies, such as Fertility Blend (something we've mentioned before on this site). I found this site interesting. Again, it has a lot to do with diet, herbs, exercise, etc. There are a lot of testimonials of people that got pregnant on the site. Check it out.

Sorry for the long post. Like I said, this comes with no personal reference of success. But I thought I'd give all of you the same chance as me, to give some of these things a shot now!

Comments

Melisa said…
I think it is a fun idea to have people try the same things as you! You can compare and give hints and tips. Great idea!
Mamapierce said…
There is another book entitled: FERTILITY FOODS by Dr. JEREMY GROLL. I recommend this book to you. You can find it for cheap on www.half.com.
Queen Mother said…
Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition is another good book on this subject.

I think it's interesting that you've included milk products on your list. Studies have shown that dairy products can thicken cervical mucus around ovulation, therefore inhibiting the sperm's journey.

Popular posts from this blog