Great Book!!

The other day I checked out a STACK of books from our library on fertility. I can only imagine what the guy checking Michael out thought (Michael went to get them all for me) since we pretty much needed a truck to take them home :)

The first book I read is GREAT!!! I highly recommend it, and it is now our featured book. My acupunctarist recommended it to me. It's called The Infertility Cure, The ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies by Randine Lewis, Ph.D. The author began studying western med. She wanted to be a doctor, but halfway in her training she realized that western medicine doesn't always get the whole picture, so she switched to TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and got her PhD in that. What I love about this is because she studied western med, she explains TCM perfectly. It's like she wrote this book for sceptics of TCM. I finally understand what Qi and Essence mean (well, at least I understand better...). She is able to compare the TCM organ systems (Spleen, Liver, Kidney) to western med organs and functions. Then, there is a questionaire to take to try to self diagnose what is causing the inability to get pregnant. The rest of the book describes a wellness program based on what your self diagnosis is. She has helped people with PCOS, Hashimotos (or whatever that thyroid thing is called) and many other diagnosed problems conceive. She also talks about a woman who went to a gazillion dr's and none of them could diagnose her with having any problems. She had IUI and then IVF and nothing worked. The woman came to Randine and was pregnant after 3 months of TCM. I guess stories like that make me realize that TCM has been around FOREVER and people do find sucess with it. Why am I so willing to trust MD's who prescribe pills that have side effects, or want to perform some invasive something or other, but think TCM is hokey? That's what I used to think, but now I totally view it as a reputable, valid profession.

Comments

Rj and Emily said…
How i love thine library!!
Dirk and Trish said…
I jumped online and placed holds on that and TCOYF. Looking forward to feeling less confused I hope.
Dirk and Trish said…
Only on page 50 and already contemplating finding a TCM practitioner... I always knew I was imbalanced!

Popular posts from this blog