My family











Better late than never-it's been a busy week! Here are pictures of my little family. I think I introduced myself near the start of the blog, but for newbies who don't feel like going back to read....My husband and I will have been married for 5 years in June. We met through Institute while we were going to school. We have an adorable (if I do say so myself) daughter Skyler, who is 28 mos. old. She is the joy of my life, and I cannot even remember what life was like before her! My husband recently started his own landscaping business, and I am a nurse. I dropped to part-time when I had my daughter, but I still work two nights a week in the neonatal intensive care unit. Home with my daughter is still my favorite place to be, but thankfully (since it's necessary for me to work at least part-time) I love my job as well. Some of my other hobbies and interests include scrapbooking, reading, being outdoors, and exercising.


As far as fertility issues, we ttc for about 6 mos. with our daughter. It was longer than I expected, but once we did get pregnant, I didn't think too much about it. I still thought we could be one of those couples who gets pregnant the first month, with the next child. Well, we have long passed the 6 month mark now, and discouragement is setting in. Like so many of you, I didn't imagine having a big gap in between my children. I try to hold onto the hope that at least I know we can have kids. I know that there is something going on though, so that is what we are in the process of trying to figure out now. I recently started doing accupuncture, (see the post below), and it looks like I may be getting some answers there.


I appreciate having a place to vent, to receive love and support, and to just know I'm not alone in this. So many people act like we should just be satisfied with the child/children we already have. It's always nice to know there are people that understand what you're going through!

Comments

Mamapierce said…
I agree! It's so nice to have an outlet for this topic. Thanks for your post - you have a beautiful family. :o)
Melisa said…
This blog is wonderful for venting, huh.

What a cute family you have!
Noelle said…
Cute family! Good luck with the adoption process. Who are you going through? LDS Famiy Services or someone else. My husband served the Haitian population on his mission, fluent in Haitian, etc and we had visited Haiti tons of time, so naturally that is where we adopted from. Our agency in CASI www.adoptcasi.org
They do foreign and domestic adopting in case you are interested.

Popular posts from this blog