Healthy in 2009

Melisa, Jill and Stephanie have all brough up weight loss and healthy eating in recent posts. Would anyone be interested in doing some type of "program" on this blog? A blog I am a member of did a "biggest loser" thing a few months ago... unfortunately that didn't work very well for me. But taking small steps to change my lifestyle and habits is a bit more appealing.

It would work something like this:

Each week, for a specified amount of time, we would post a new goal or goals. Perhaps one in a "fitness" category, one in an "eating" category and maybe even a "mental/emotional/spiritual" category. Just small things. For instance, I have a really hard time finding time to exercise (well, I'll be honest, I'm just not an exercise at home type of person. I like to walk and swim and bike... but those are sometimes hard to do... especially in winter and I have a hard time feeling motivated) but I started doing 5 crunches before I get out of bed and before I go to sleep... right in bed. Ok, so the cushy mattress that sort of bounces me back up is kind of cheating, but 10 crunches a day is still more than I was doing. But fitness goals can be anything from lifting campbell soup cans while reading blogs, or high stepping while brushing your teeth... anything to add movement to the day. Eating goals would be something like Stephanie said. Baking/consuming sweets is my weakness, so perhaps a goal would be only eat sweets on Mondays (FHE) and Fridays (date night).

As we go on, we could share recipes, tips etc., and share our experiences with trying the goals and how we feel by the end of the week. If you are interested, let me know, and we can hash out the details later.

Comments

Annie said…
I think that sounds like a great idea! I'm all for it!
Melisa said…
I'm game! Sounds like a great idea!
Queen Mother said…
I don't need to lose weight, but I definitely need to eat healthier. So I'd love tips on healthy eating!!!

Popular posts from this blog