A Foundation for Friendship

Our RS lesson last week was about friends, and one of the things we discussed was how you develop friendships and what makes them strong. We pointed out that many times they are formed on common interest, and some of our closest friends have helped us through our hardest times. Yesterday I went to the zoo, and had a great heart to heart with a friend that has been going through a hard time recently. It was great to be able to talk openly about our fertility trials and feel okay with the feelings we have and that someone cares and can understand. Today I invited a new girl in our ward to come hang out and while we don't know favorite foods or where each other was born, we had a long conversation about endo and infertility, as well as the little sub-culture of the church that can make not having kids seem magnified. We did find many other little quirks we share, but I think it was helpful for both of us to know there's someone to talk to when we're having a hard day. I know someone had posted a while back about where to find support, and I've noticed that as I have been more open about my own frustrations and circumstances, others seem to be appearing out of nowhere and we are able to either discuss our trials, or not and still know the other person can be empathetic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog