IUI cost?

I posted a pic so you can see who i am....After Jeremy and I miscarried in January we were very hopeful that we would get pregnant again soon and whatever the problem was that it was gone. We said if we were not pregnant in 6 months then we would go back to the fertility doctor and be proactive about getting pregnant. Well it has been 6 months so I made an appointment and was excited to move forward with this. I got back a little bit a go feeling disappointed. I was thinking chlomid would be next but he says because I am ovulating each month and have a regular cycle that he is not going to put me on it. He filled out papers to do an IUI where they take Jeremys sperm and put it in me at the hospital. He said to try that for 3 rounds then IVF after that. Do any of you know how much IUI costs?? Has anyone had luck doing this in the past??. I guess all we can do is be patient and save save save & pray pray pray. We need either babies or money to grow on trees:) I just wish I knew what I needed to do or learn. I just feel so many feelings of inadequacy and helplessness not knowing the next step to take...

Comments

Annie said…
I have had very similar problems. 6 months after my 2nd miscarriage I still wasn't pregnant and my doctor wouldn't do any testing because it hadn't been a year since the last time I was pregnant, frustrating! Luckily that next month we were blessed and I got pregnant.
Hang in there! Hopefully it will work out for you very, very soon!
Rj and Emily said…
I have a friend who has military insurance(which can be kinda crappy) and she only paid 350 for her IUIs and the rest was covered by the insurance.
Stephanie said…
I think it all depends on your insurance, though I think it is significantly cheaper than IVF. I hope it is successful for you, good luck!

I have regular cycles where I ovulate each mos too, and my Dr still prescribed Clomid for me. She said you can ovulate immature eggs... Just something to think about.
Queen Mother said…
Yes it depends on insurance. With mine, each IUI is $200. Give yours a call and find out! Many insurances cover IUI partially but not IVF. With mine, it's considered a surgical procedure (whatever! They do it right there in the RE's office) and so I have to pay my hospital co-pay.

I don't understand why he would want to do an unmedicated IUI. That really gives you no higher chance than a natural conception, unless you have some problems with your husband's sperm. Has your hubby had a semen analysis done??

I would ask for some drugs in conjunction with the IUI. More bang for your buck.
Queen Mother said…
P.S. Don't let him do IUI without a semen analysis first for your hubby. If you have any severe male factor infertility, then IUI is a big fat waste of your time and money. For severe male factor, IVF is the best best. (And that's about $17,000 per try. Ouch.)
Kathy Twitchell said…
Thanks everyone!I actually called and made an appointment with another doctor today. I just want to try chlomid first then if that does not work then do other things because of the cost. I'm also going to get the dye test next month so hopefully that will give me some direction in where we need to do.
Dirk and Trish said…
Hope one of those options will work! It's not fun to have to keep taking the next step. Good luck!
Dirk and Trish said…
Someone in my ward just did an IUI and hers was $700. I don't know what insurance she has. As far as I know, my insurance doesn't cover it at all, but some companies do.

Popular posts from this blog