You know you live in Utah when.....

I grew up in Michigan, went on a mission to NYC and now live in Utah. I never realized how different Utah is.... I really love living here and have friends that are members FINALLY but there are somethings I could do without.... There is such a feeling of competition here. I thought the dumb competitiveness would go anyway after the dating scene was over but it has only gotten worse:) I always get the..."is he you only one?" "When are you going to have more kids" or the very obvious..."wow he is sooooooo big, how old is he?" I feel like everyone is speculating in their mind why we only have one. They probably are not but i just feel that way, like they are judging me. I was talking to a friend this week and told her that we are starting clomid next month. she went on to tell about a friend who tried for 7 years and suggested I waited longer and be more patient and that it would happen. Almost implying that by taking it I have little faith. Bleh. I love the scripture in Enos 1:12..... he prayed and LABORED. We need to do all we can....fast, pray, go to the temple, go to the doctor, eat right and take care of our bodies...etc.

I also was talking to my mom this week about the miracles we have seen in our family recently. In my mind I was being negative and was thinking....where is my miracle....{satan}. Later as I was saying my prayers I felt that the Lord helped me to understand that my miracle is taking place but it is inside of me. My reliance on Him has grown so much the past 2 years, its my miracle.

Comments

Dirk and Trish said…
Sometimes people say the strangest things. I agree with you-you do your part, and if your part means taking a certain medication or (depending on what you and your hubby decide) maybe having a certain procedure, that may be what's right for you. I am starting to believe more and more that a lot of people just don't know anything and instead of saying nothing, they come up with things that are dumb or painful. Good luck with the clomid!
Katie said…
The longer I've been a member (11 years now -- wow!), the more I really feel like members need to be a lot less judgmental of one another. Period.

I've had a lot of "why me" moments lately, which normally isn't my style, and was talking about it with an old friend who isn't a member, but is deeply and profoundly Christian. She told me that she really felt that someday I would bless the lives of other women in similar situations; that there was some bigger cosmic reason for some of the struggles that we've faced. And in my own prayers, I've felt that to be true, also, but it's hard getting through the NOW on some days.
Stephanie said…
Oh man, that bumper sticker just says it all doesn't it? I try to tell myself that people aren't trying to be hurtful or judgmental, they're just ignorant. But man, are they IGNORANT sometimes? It's crazy how some people just really think you can snap your fingers and get pregant whenever you want, just because that's how it worked for them.

It's great to learn more about you. I enjoyed reading your story. Welcome!

Popular posts from this blog