Post-op Comments

I haven't had any rude or hurtful comments this week, just a few that made me say, "huh?" The first was from one of my sweet act. day girls. She watches me for a minute, then leans over and says "Do you have a sunburn?" I was puzzled, so she expounded that I was walking really slow. The next was a mom who had asked me to watch her kid, but I declined, telling her I had laparoscopic surgery the previous day for endometriosis. She says, oh, are you expecting? Apparently in her 5 pregnancies, she has never heard of the disease or the procedure. The last one was a friend, one of the few people locally that was fully filled in pre-surgery. I had told her what the procedure was, what the dr. would be looking for, that type of thing. So 2 days later she brings dinner over for my family. Then she invited us to go swimming with them the following day (this would be 3 days post-op). I looked at her, puzzled, and said I wasn't allowed to even take a bath for another week and a half, only shower. She asked me why, and with another puzzled look, I reminded her I had holes in my stomach.
I went to church today. It was not a very good idea to be up and about for 3 hours, but I get stir crazy and will probably be stuck at home for another couple of days. I'm not healing as quickly as I had hoped. :P Our R.S. lesson was great though, so I was glad I had gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog