Other support

I have set out to find ladies who are having fertility problems around my location in hopes of starting some sort of support group/gathering for us. I KNOW there has got to be others on this military base facing hard times and I want them to know there not alone either so i have decided to ask what you ladies are involved in and how you got involved in.

What other means of support do you ladies have? Do you have a support group? A group of friends? How did you get involved with it? Whats the best way to locate other ladies?

Comments

Kathy Twitchell said…
I am in a Bunko group that gets together once a month. 8 of the 12 girls have fertility issues. The only problem is that I am the only one who already has a child so I feel like I cannot really express how I feel because they think I already have one and it should not be hard anymore... I LOVE this site, such a great support to read about all your thoughts.
Dirk and Trish said…
My college best friend has been a great source b/c she had several issues and we have a pretty open line of communication. My sis is kind of an on again off again support, as she is going through a lot herself. Other than that I have found a few girls at church and we kind of stick together in the "under 4 kids" club.
Queen Mother said…
I learned most everything and met lots of women struggling from a website that I used to love but would no longer recommend it to anyone. It's gone downhill, full of a lot of bullies.

INCIID.org is a great resource full of knowledgeable women with big hearts, and I've always really enjoyed that website.

As for people in real life, I've always been very open about my infertility struggles. Being open about it has caused other women (at church, etc) to seek me out for advice and support. So I've found that being open is a great way to open the communication.

Popular posts from this blog