Mother's Day

Is anyone else struggling with Mother's Day at all this year? I hate that I am. I am still a mother, even if I only have one child. I should be able to rejoice in that, and celebrate that. But somehow, I feel like Mother's Day stories become about the women who barely have a second to breathe because they are so busy taking care of their house full of children, etc. Lately I have been feeling like people look at me and think "She has it easy," because I only have one child, and she is pretty easy now, (well except for tantrums and not listening to me....). If only they knew that I would much rather be swarming in diapers, and midnight feedings than having a little free time! Anyway, they're probably not even thinking that. I probably just do it to myself. But either way, I find myself aching inside this weekend for what I don't have, and I wish I could just be grateful for what I do have. I guess I know what I need to pray for, and focus on....

And Jen, I too had been feeling apathetic lately, which was nice. But a friend of mine that started trying after me, is in the hospital right now with her newborn. And that has brought a whole new wave of sadness over me, and has affected me way harder than I thought. I feel like what used to be a panicky, anxious, desperate feeling has been replaced by just an aching and a sadness.

Comments

Queen Mother said…
It was really nice to go to church and notice that 2 women are now showing with their pregnancies. I didn't know that they were pregnant again (it's the 6th child for one of them!) and I noticed on Mother's Day.

Yeah. I'm bitter. LOL

Popular posts from this blog