The plus sign cometh...

After having one negative test a few days ago, a second one today showed a plus sign. I'm elated, but so scared, too. After the drama of Richard's pregnancy & birth (too little amniotic fluid, complete bedrest, a traumatic induction 5 weeks early, and a week in the NICU), and the shock of his Type 1 diagnosis at age 1, I know that this pregnancy could very well be another roller coaster ride for our family. I'm putting my faith in Heavenly Father that whatever comes, we'll be able to face it with courage, hope, and love.

I'm nowhere near close to 12 weeks yet (by my reckoning, it's more like 3-4), so the threat of miscarriage looms large for the next several months. I'm praying that this little person growing inside me can hold on until week 40.

I know I haven't posted much on here, but I hope that you'll keep us in your prayers. All of you continue to be in mine.

Comments

Jen L said…
KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha, so you were right on Thursday ;) I've taken 3 this cycle (am on day 56). All signs are looking good... except for the tests, but, I'll keep hoping! Congrats! Thanks for sharing with us, and I'll keep it on the DL :)
Hope said…
congratulations! I hope things will go better this time!
Stephanie said…
Congratulations!!! You're the first one to report good news on here! So happy for you!
Melisa said…
Yeah! Congrats! That is so exciting! I hear you on the fears thing. It is a little nerve-wracking waiting until the "safe zone".
Queen Mother said…
Wow!! Congratulations! That is so exciting!!!

Now send some of that baby dust out to the rest of us! =)

Popular posts from this blog