Intro to Tiffany

Hi! My name is Tiffany and I'm living right now in Ithaca with my husband of four years and my three month old daughter, Taylor. I'm 25 years old and working on getting my masters in education online. I am so grateful for my little girl. We tried to conceive for over a year before getting pregnant. I took Clomid, took my basal body temperature every morning, tried ovulation tests, and any other thing that we thought might work. I remember how depressed I was when my period was 23 days late and after a blood test found out I was still not pregnant.

I think it's especially hard in our culture if you have problems conceiving. I was so frustrated by people teasing us about when we were going to start our family. When I did get pregnant I couldn't believe that one of my roommates from college left a comment on my blog saying she was glad that I finally joined the mommy club. Unless you've been through it yourself, it's hard to imagine how emotional it can be. Thanks for letting me be a part of this blog!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Welcome Tiffany! I agree with you about the insensitive comments and assumptions people sometimes make. I think it's especially hard when you've had one child. People assume you're "fertile" because you've had a child, and so you must just be waiting to have another child. I always worry that people think I'm choosing to wait for selfish reasons, since I work part-time, and though I shouldn't care what other people think anyway, it bothers me!
Jen L said…
Welcome Tiffany!! It's great to get to know you.
Melisa said…
Wow. Some comments can be so hurtful without any intent. I'm sorry.

Glad you are here!
Rj and Emily said…
Welcome! And i know close to how you feel about being teased! Its never fun.

Popular posts from this blog