PCOS strikes again

So I haven't had a period in 4 months which is TOTALLY not normal for me. I am VERY regular, having a period every 4 weeks. Yesterday I went to the women's health clinic on-base and they said that not having periods is indicative of PCOS, which is something I have been diagnosed with in the past. She also mentioned losing weight again. I don't know if any of you have weight to lose, but it's been a life-long struggle for me. It's so hard to know that by my not losing weight I am preventing myself from having more children. *sigh* Grieve with me.

Comments

Stephanie said…
I'm so sorry Jill. I hate when health care professionals throw something like "Just lose some weight" out there, like it's just an easy solution, and then dismiss you. I know it's NOT an easy solution for you, especially not knowing if that's really going to solve everything. Good luck!
Jen L said…
Oh, Jill! *Hug from NY!* I've been thinking about this a lot too! Since there is a possibility that I have PCOS, it's hard not to feel guilty everytime I down my refined sugars and carbs! But yet... it's really hard to stop! I made cinnamon rolls last night, and I just finished a HUGE roll (my 2nd of the day). I know I need to eat more healthy foods, and I always have the nagging feeling that my diet may contribute to my inability to conceive, but I can't seem to change (or even choose the smaller roll...). I'm here for you!
Melisa said…
It is such a Catch-22. One feels pain from the infertility, and eating helps numb the pain. But then they blame the eating on causing the pain. It's like there is no winning. Sorry, sweetie. I know it is tough. Let me know how it goes.
Queen Mother said…
((((Hugs))))

I don't know what else to say. I love you.
Sarah C said…
I am sorry you are struggling with loosing weight and infertility. You are working hard and loosing weight. I know things are really hard right now. You are having an extra load of trials. We are praying for you and your family. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog