Fertility work-up here I come!

My husband's analysis results came in today, and everything was great (in the words of the dr, "really really really excellent"). That is a great blessing for us! He is a chemist and there is no shortage of his exposure to harmful chemicals, x-rays, a bunch of other rays and just some scary stuff.

On the other hand, that means it's all me. I am so grateful his test came back so wonderful, but on the other hand, and though I know I can't necessarily control what's going on, I feel like it's my fault. Does anyone else have occasions where they ask their husband "Will you still love me if I can never have more children?" or is it just me? I know his love for me will not change, but it's nice to hear... perhaps because having fertility issues has affected the way I feel about myself.

I finally started my period last night, so I called my doctor to schedule my HSG. I'm not exactly looking forward to it. Some people say it really hurts and others say it doesn't. I guess I'll find out. This is my first fertility test (other than a blood test) so I'm both anxious to get on with it, and reluctant to face reality.

Comments

Melisa said…
That is "really really really excellent!" So happy to hear that! It might be a hard test for you, but knowledge is power and the more you know about the situation, the more power you'll have.

And yes, I have asked my hubby that quite a few times. :)
Hope said…
Uhh yeah, I've asked Kurt that as well. :D Good Luck!
Queen Mother said…
What a relief about your hubby's analysis!! One thing to check off your list.

And really...I have had several HSGs..I don't think they hurt.
Jen L said…
Good! Thanks for letting me know :) I've heard so many stories... but most women I've talked to haven't gone through childbirth.
Annie said…
Good luck! Hopefully it will give you some answers!
Stephanie said…
Good luck Jen! And I know it's hard to think the problem totally lies with you, but just think how much worse it would be if there was a problem on both sides! And remember that there's nothing WRONG with you. Heavenly Father doesn't make mistakes! He just gives us trials.
MBurt said…
First off, I did all the infertility to get pregnancy initially. I was told that 20% of infertility goes unexplained. When my husbands tests came back great I put all the blame on myself, even though with many tests, including a laproscopy they never found anything wrong with me either. We were able to get pregnant using invitro fertilization and even after the success there was still no explanation as to why we couldn't get pregnant on our own. That being one of the most difficult times in my life I have to say with hindsight that I truly believe there wasn't anything wrong, there were just lessons I needed to learn and it was the way the Lord was going to teach me. Things like patience, faith, and gratitude. I know I am a better mom because of my experiences and I also know that I would it all over again to have another baby. Good luck with to each of you. Ultimately we have a very loving Heavenly Father who is 100% in charge of when and where he sends his little children. No matter how much we want to be in charge it just isn't the case. A hard lesson to learn

Popular posts from this blog