My story

I also debated for quite a while about doing an introduction post. Here I go…I found out at my pre-marital exam that I had some physical abnormalities that could cause problems with having children. When we started trying for our first I was scared to death every month that it didn’t happen that it wouldn’t. Thankfully it only ended up taking 3 months. I was also told that I would be high risk and should plan on delivering early. I had a very healthy pregnancy and ended up having my son at 39 ½ weeks. We felt so blessed that everything had worked out so well.

When we decided to start trying for our second I wrongfully thought we would have the same luck. Three months after we started trying, in July, we found out I was pregnant! We were ecstatic! About a week later I started bleeding and miscarried. The doctor told us we were okay to continue to try. Two months later I found out I was pregnant again! We were so happy, but at the same time I was scared to death. I was constantly checking for blood and was terrified at the thought of miscarrying again. I had light spotting on and off for a few weeks. I was so nervous about it I finally called my doctor and they had me come in. My doctor did an ultrasound and found that the baby, at eight weeks, had no heartbeat and told me that I should expect to miscarry. I miscarried two days later. This has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. Right now we are in the waiting stage. We are supposed to wait a few months before we try again. It is so hard to want something so bad and not be able to do anything about it. It makes it especially hard when it seems as though everyone around me is pregnant. I am doing my best to trust in the Lord! I know he loves me and has a plan for me.

Comments

Stephanie said…
I'm so sorry you've had to experience a miscarriage, and more than once! I'm sure you will be scared to death every time you get pregnant. I remember literally holding my breath at every Dr appt, until they found the heartbeat. I hope the next one goes well...
Mamapierce said…
Hi Annie. Thanks for sharing your story. Be sure to let yourself mourn for these miscarriages. It's perfectly normal to do so and I highly recommend it. They are very much a loss. Did they do any testing to see the cause of the miscarriage? Are you using infertility treatments? My thoughts are with you!
Melisa said…
I wonder if that fear ever goes away? With each pregnancy, I was checking daily the entire time.
Katie said…
Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so sorry for your losses.

I haven't miscarried, so I can't say that I know what you're going through, but I DO know that I will be terrified of developing complications again when and if I get pregnant with #2. I think I will probably be more than a little paranoid...

Popular posts from this blog