Intro

Well, I guess I should be the first to go ahead and introduce myself. I am slowly starting to add authors, so please, feel free to post, vent, share info, etc. as often as you want/need. Eventually I would like to make this blog private, but since it's still in the beginning stages, it'll be public for a while.

I'm Jen, and I live in beautiful Ithaca, NY with my husband and 2 year old daughter. When things weren't going quite the way we planned, as far as having more kids goes, I started school again. Not only did I feel like it was something I needed to do (pregnancy or not) but I needed something intense to help me through a semester of tests, fading dreams and depression. I must say, going back to school was not what I pictured for me, but I'm glad Heavenly Father pushed me a year ago to fill out an application for the local community college. I would have never guessed I would be in my current situation. It just goes to show that He has a plan and can see the end from the beginning.

My beautiful 2 year old is the joy of my life! She's a happy little girl who loves Cinderella and knows when Mommy needs a "tiss." I thank Heavenly Father every day for her!

I love all kinds of music! Especially country, classical and showtunes! I teach piano lessons and have been the primary music leader for a year now (just tackled my first program, phew!). I love reading, cooking/baking and being with my wonderful husband (who is a grad student).

My daughter came after a miscarriage. We tried for 3 months before the miscarriage and then only 1 before we got pregnant with her. We thought number 2 would be a breeze and waited until I stopped nursing to start trying.

We have been trying for #2 for 9 months now. I've been through false diagnosis, tests, and have a round of hospital tests next month. 9 months sounds so long now. However, I am a firm believer that it doesn't matter if you've been trying for 9 or 2, it's still hard! I remember back in May (month 2) I was having problems (this is when I got a false diagnosis) and most doctor's wouldn't even consider treating anything yet since we hadn't been trying for a year. Even yesterday at my appointment, my doctor said we can do some tests, but not all because we need to try 2 1/2 more months. Anyways, I guess that is my round about way of saying, please do not feel ashamed or embarassed if you have been trying for a shorter time than me or anyone else and need support.

I guess that is it for now. Keep spreading the word about this blog! I'm glad so many are willing to talk about their struggles and hopes!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Comments

Annie said…
I'm happy to have found this blog! We have been trying for about 8 months with 2 miscarriages. I have a 2 1/2 year old little boy, he is everything to me! I am so thankful for him. I never imagined I would be in this situation. I had no problems with my first. My husband and I are so ready for another baby!
Paige said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen L said…
Hi Annie and Paige! Welcome!! If you would like to become an author of the blog (so you can post main posts instead of just comments) either e-mail me at eternityepi3 at g mail dot com or leave me your email and I'll add you! I look forward to blogging with you!
Noelle said…
After almost 11 years and 2 adoptions I can say that I am finally realizing that the Lord is aware of our stuggles and has a plan for us. Sometimes, as hard as it can be, it is His plan and not ours. Prayers are always answered but sometime the answer is yes, or yes but not right now, and sometime the answer is no. But even with the "no" there are amazing blessing in store. I realize that each day when at look at my two beautiful children. They may have come to us a different way, but they are still ours....that became very clear when they were sealed to us for eternity.
Mamapierce said…
Hello everyone. My name is Jill. I've been married to Tyler for almost 8 years. Within 3 months of marriage - we were pregnant with our daughter, Anna. She's now almost 7 years old. We've been ttc (trying to conceive) for 6 years with no success. We've been on clomid, done shots and IUI (insemination) and no more babies. It's been extremely difficult for me & my husband. We actually returned last week from adopting two children from Ukraine. They are dear children & I'm so grateful to have them - but I am still hopeful to have more children. Being LDS and having infertility issues can be BRUTAL! I look forward to coming together with other LDS women in this blog. :o)
Jen L said…
Jill, welcome!! That is wonderful about your two new children! Congrats! How old are they? Welcome to the blog!

Popular posts from this blog